Saturday, July 14, 2007

I Want to Be Taken for Granted

I want to be taken for granted. I want to be able to do things without expecting a parade to be held in my name. I want to do things without looking for someone to name a street after me. I want to get to the point where it no longer matters whether I am appreciated or swooned over. I want to be able to love and serve without conditions. I don't know about all of humanity anymore. I've tended to generalize too much as of late. So I wont put this all on humanity and our "fallen-ness". I'll just say for me I tend to do things, love people, serve people out of obligation or for the purpose of getting something in return. With God's help I'd like to change my motives. I want to do things solely because God did so much for me. Everything people ask of me is stuff God has already done for me. Cleaning--God did that for me already. Lifting and lugging stuff around-- God has already lifted and lugged more of my burdens than I care to mention. Encourage-- God is so faithful to provide that up lift in so many different ways. If I am motivated by what God has already done for me through Christ I can do great things for others without looking for a thing in return. Because I would have been doing it out of gratitude for what has already been done instead of doing things for the sake of what I hope I get in the return. I want to be taken for granted.